Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Rodeo Boys

The 4th of July started off with the Rodeo. We always go with my mom and stepdad, but this year because Paul wasn't in town and Nick had to work, we were able to take Paul's Mom, Dad, Sister and Niece. It was pink night at the Rodeo and so they requested everyone wear Pink (Breast Cancer). My stepdad Gary didn't seem to be happy about that, but he still wore a pink shirt. With the help of everyone the kids were great. The weather couldn't have been better, and the rodeo was just really good. Wyatt loved the last fighting bull and the Wild Man clown act.



The next day we headed for the parade. Mom and Gary had gotten out of bed at 5:30 a.m. just to put our seats out in a perfect place for the kids to have a little room, and to visually see the parade. While I sat and held our spot, Mom and Gary took the boys to the breakfast/carnival. It was great, the boys got fed, and they won lots of prizes and I got to read.

After a very long nap we headed for the fireworks. My mom had been telling me how great the fireworks were and how great their seats were. I didn't believe her until these huge fireworks were right in my lap, it was fantastic and the kids even stayed awake through the entire thing. It was a great 4th of July.

No comments: